martina.dewi...@web.de wrote:
Hi Lesley,

what is the difference between the two? Could you give me examples what they are?
Martina in Germany

Free-from is a range of products mainly for people with sensitivities - usually to dairy and wheat, so their burgers contain meat, but no wheat. Vegetarian burgers would contain no meat or animal derivatives (except possibly egg, unless stated as vegan, which is no dairy or eggs as well as no meat). So when I go to buy meat-free products they are in the same section of the freezer as products with meat in them, even though that section is labelled as vegetarian (i.e. no meat). It's very frustrating.

Lesley