Hi Pene

Arcopal is a glass brand name; a bit like pyrex. Many years ago I had some translucent coffee cups and saucers which were made by Arcopal.

From the size you give it sounds like a paperweight  or a coaster.

Brenda
On 28 Aug 2009, at 07:16, pene piip wrote:

When we moved into our house 5 years ago, I found this white glass disk which is 9 cm in diameter & about 2 cm high. On the back is embossed "arcopal" then FRANCE underneath, followed by RESTAURANT in a waving (like a flag )rectangle, with an upside down "12" near the edge.
Does anyone know what it's use is for?
Hope someone can identify it.
Pene

arachnemodera...@yahoo.com.