That's what is nice about this veggie dish, David. That you can eat it in winter or summer. And there are endless variations depending on which spices & how much you add.
Enjoy your pumpkin.
Pene

David C COLLYER wrote:
Pene,
I made the pumpkin tonight and it's delicious. Here's how I altered the recipe:-

Making half quantity, I used LESS ginger and added about 1 dessertspoon of fresh crushed garlic. Then I added about 3/4 tsp of hot chili powder. I also deleted the peppercorns and allspice.

Oh - and I used powdered cinnamon and cloves.

Still, it all worked beautifully and I reckon you could eat it either cold or reheated as a vegie.
Thanks again

David in Ballarat