Flash or flush?
When going to the doctor, I was asked if I was having hot flashes, or was just
flushing.  They qualified a flash as something more intense, including
sometimes night sweats, etc.  Flushing is just getting a bit warm without more
intense symptoms, vs. coming on in a "flash" and being disconcerting, fwiw.
Confusion over the Dakota's makes me smile, as the capitol of North Dakota is
Bismarck (not South Dakota).  Perhaps a moot point to many...
I used to remember many winter days of -30F in the midwest.  The winters have
definitely become warmer, even though where I am today, it is -15F and the sun
is shining.
Best,Susan Reishus