I've seen this done with lace and didn't think much of it. I don't like nails decorated unless the decoration is perfect. I can't abide chipped nail varnish, bits missed round the edges of the nails, bits of nail varnish on the skin, etc. I saw the stuck-on lace being demonstrated and the person doing it just couldn't make the lace fit exactly it was either too small or over to one side, or the cut threads stuck up after it had been applied.

The lace doesn't have to fit the whole nail, it could be just the top half or with a diagonal cut, and I appreciate that it's extremely difficult to cut a small piece of lace to exactly fit where you want it. Perhaps I'm being too picky, but if it can't be done well, then for me - don't to it at all.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK