Twice a year the rising sun aligns with the twin towers of Amman,
Jordan, some 70 km from where I live. A couple days ago I dragged
myself out of bed and managed to photograph them just before 6 a.m. I
tried this last August and it was okay, but this year was even better
because the sun lined up directly behind the buildings. Interesting
thing is that in the cropped photo you can see the cranes (the
buildings are still under construction). This year I was able to use a
DSLR camera (Canon Rebel XSi or 450D) and 250mm lens.

http://apinnick.wordpress.com/2010/05/05/sunrise-over-amman-2010/

Here are the photos I took in August 2009, if you want to compare. I
didn't have a long enough lens for my DSLR, so I used a Canon
PowerShot S5 IS.

http://apinnick.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/sunrise-over-amman/

Avital

--