Yes, a very interesting thread as I am seeing names very new to me.

Who remembers Harvey Helmke?  Carolyn Gritzmaker? or Diane Miller?

Harvey was the king of rings and his finish was silky smooth.  He also made
beautiful embroidery tools.  Sadly he passed away about 10 years ago.

Carolyn was very creative.  She once carved a small, closed hand for the
bobbin tail as a thank you for 'a helping hand'.  Carolyn retired about 15
years ago.

And Diane was another painter of delicate flowers.  Diane moved from her
cottage in the watercress fields and seems to have dropped out of sight.

Judy in beautiful Houston, TX