On 10/19/10 2:55 PM, dmt11h...@aol.com wrote:

Then your husband won't be able to locate you when you
get separated in the mall, one of the most important
advantages of cell phone use.

Mall?  Me and him?  Together, on the same day?

Groups just naturally swap phone numbers and turn their phones on if they get separated, but I'd hardly buy a cell phone for an annual event -- particularly since it's easy to split the Black Friday party into groups each of which includes somebody with a cell phone. Or just do as we've always done, and go to the car when we're finished.

What I want a cell phone for is as a substitute for the dime I used to carry: stash it, turned off, until I need to call a tow truck, taxicab, or ambulance.

I never get incoming calls on my landline; cain't see anybody needing to call me on a cell phone.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/