I moved this to chat.
You are lucky to get any mail. Here in East Yorkshire in the UK we have not had any mail since Monday last week. Apparently it is far too dangerous for the post people to go out in the snow. They can go out at their own peril, without backup if anything happens. So they don't. However, the paper boy still does his job every (early) morning) before going to school. Also, post and parcels I sent to other parts of the country arrived at their destinations within a couple of days.
We call it "health and safety" gone mad.
Also, post and parcels I sent to other parts of the country arrived at their destinations within a couple of days. I am expecting quite a few parcels with Christmas presents, so hope they get their act together soon. Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK