One of my husband's best friends from childhood was named James Dick (Dick was his last name). His father was Dr. Dick (and he was a proctologist). James met a woman who refused to even go out with him at first, but finally agreed, and they ended up getting married. Her name was Anita. She retained her own last name.

One of my mother's childhood friends was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Bugg. They named her Ima June.

One of my own childhood friends was named Ethel Bethel. She was grateful when she was married and no longer had to have the rhyming name. She even dropped the "Ethel" and goes by Beth.

Clay