I've had no chance yet to unpack my lace after our most recent move back to
the States.  For a variety of reasons it's taken longer than usual to settle
in this time. Nothing bad, just a lot going on along with a small house with
limited space for setting up a pillow. I head to Israel in a couple of weeks
for a month and am considering packing up a travel pillow and starting on the
smallest (in width) yardage for the on going christening gown I'm making.
Will have to see if the suitcase allows.

Karen asked about a memory quilt.  My daughters and I also make "memory"
quilts but use t-shirts.  Our daughters each attended several high schools
with all our moving.  In one school she might play lacrosse and participate in
a musical program, in another it would be volleyball and drama - whatever was
available and interesting. Each of these clubs traveled to events and usually
there was a t-shirt provided for each team member.  This continued into
university.  With boxes of t-shirts which were really a diary of their school
years, we cut out the important part, the logos or sayings and created quilts.
My husband and I have been fortunate to travel to many interesting places to
scuba dive.  The dive shops always have a fun selection of t-shirts usually
depicting local dive sites.  We've collected them with the idea that I'll make
us matching quilts so when we're no longer able to dive we can sit under our
quilts and reminisce about the places we've been. I'm looking forward to
adding a t-shirt or two to the collection from scuba in the Red Sea.

I'll try this question again as I received no response earlier - are there any
"lace" things I should see while in Israel?  Understanding that my movements
might be somewhat restricted currently. I will be back and forth several times
a year so I don't have to rush to see anything right away but if there's
something to be seen, I'd like to check it out.

Dona in Havre de Grace, MD on a cold and grey day.