Hello DEvon
In the Netherlands the retirement age for both men and women is now 65 and 7 months. And it will go up progressively in the next few years; so when I am 65, I will have to wait another 3-4 years. Perhaps never will catch up. I lived in the USA for 3 years from 1986 to 89, and the UK company Mike worked for, paid into some pension fund called FICA for both Mike and myself. I can claim from age 62 (or later) which is next Monday, and Mike from 65 (which happened almost 4 years ago).
I submitted all the paperwork in DEcember, so am now waiting.
Agnes

When can one become a pensioner in the Netherlands? I didn't  think the US
Social Security system was more generous than that of the  Netherlands.
Devon

In a message dated 3/1/2013 10:57:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,