I recently moved to a new neighbourhood, and today as I walked through the
local shopping area I took a look in the Farrow & Ball store. I think of F&B as
an expensive paint store, but they've expanded and are carrying other luxury
home items, like tea towels and hand-dipped candles imported from Europe.

Way in the back I came across a display of old needlework tools, and a jar full
of completely serviceable midlands bobbins, which I was told are made in Wales.
They're decorated, unspangled but drilled for spangling and not too expensive
at $6.50, if you just wanted a few or wanted to make a present.

Thought I'd mention it as I know in North America it's usually a lot easier to
find a Farrow & Ball store than a lace supplies dealer. But I don't know if all
the stores carry them.

Adele
West Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)