Here in Melbourne I have autumn crocuses out and in bloom.  They are the big
mauve ones that flower without leaves  now , in Autumn (Fall) and send up
their leaves in Spring.

We actually had 5mm of water in the rain gauge this morning - a light
drizzle over night, - only about the 3rd measurable amount since before
Christmas!!!

We would happily accept some of the heavy rains you have had in the northern
hemisphere.  In the north of the country - about 2500Km away from us here,
they have had some good rains - it is the wet season in the tropical north,
- but down south, where David and I are it is very dry.  David lives about a
2½ hour drive away - out to the West of this city.

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.