Please PM me the answers as I am not currently subscribed to Chat Digest.

I'm sure there must be someone on Arachne running on Windows 8 and AOL who
might be able to help me.  I've just bought a new lap top and although I have
now worked out how to access my AOL account and emails, I have obviously got
something wrong as I can't open any attachments.  As I am accessing AOL via
Google, I am assuming it is the latest version of AOL.  It's certainly very
different to the version on my old PC which was about 10 years old.

When I open a post with an Attachment, there is a little green bar for each
attached item on the top left of the page, just under the subject, with the
details of the name and size of the attachment.  Logically clicking on this
should open the attachment but nothing happens at all.  This is completely
regardless of the format of the attachment.  It's not that I can't read the
attachment once open, I can't open them at all; the button bars don't seem to
be live.

I have also tried to make AOL my homepage which is what I had on my PC; when I
click on the 'Make AOL your homepage' option, I get a box which says they see I
am using Internet Explorer as my homepage, click here to change to AOL and
again, nothing happens.

Finally, how to I get an icon for my start page so I don't have to access AOL
via Google?

Any help in any of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire