I have heard of two methods of handling an off-site guild library, so far.
1.  Each member has a list of guild books.  When they want one, they notify
the librarian to bring that book to the next meeting.  If a person wants to
browse, they must go to the librarians home.
2.  The librarian brings a small selection of books to each meeting for
members to browse.  This could be a systematic rotation of the inventory, or
the books of a specific type of lace that the guild is studying.
Either of these methods is work and effort for the librarian for each
meeting.  As long as there is a willing librarian, it can work.  It will be
interesting to see what my guild will decide.
Alice in Oregon -- where we had a sunny Fourth but today is back to cloudy and
cool.