Dear friends,
I received this today and thought others here might enjoy it as well

David in Ballarat

  IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by __Belinda Emmet__ _
    (written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

    I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the
    earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.
    I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it
    melted in storage.
    I would have talked less and listened more.
    I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was
    stained, or the sofa faded.
    I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and
    worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a
    fire in the fireplace.
    I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble
    about his youth.
    I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.
    I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a
    summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
    I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.
    I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and
    more while watching life.
    I would never have bought anything just because it was practical,
    wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to