On 5/29/07 9:02 AM, David in Ballarat wrote:

9.   That parties, in however grand and well prepared a house is, will be
held, cramped and noisy, in the kitchen.

Back when I led the New Year's Day Breakfast Ride (which
rolled out at 1:00 pm), my house didn't properly have a
kitchen -- it had a hallway with a stove on one side and a sink on the other. The party tended to congregate in the kitchen anyhow. It helped some to take the toasters and all the food into the living room!

Oh, I miss that annual vat of cocoa!  I've no excuse to make
it when it's just us.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/
http://n3f.home.comcast.net/ -- Writers' Exchange
http://www.timeswrsw.com/craig/cam/ (local weather)
west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
where the park was covered with feral swans.

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to