Asleep in church...


A man approached the minister at his church....

"Reverend," he said, "We have a problem.  My wife keeps falling asleep
during your sermons. It's very embarrassing, not to mention disrespectful.
What can I do?"

"I've noticed this and have an idea if you're up to the task," said the
minister.  "Take this hat pin with you. I can see when Mrs. Jones is
sleeping, and I will motion to you. When I motion, you give her a good poke
in the leg with the hat pin."

In church the following Sunday, Mrs. Jones dozed off.  Noticing this, the
preacher put his plan to work. "And who made the ultimate sacrifice for
you?" he said nodding to Mr. Jones.

"Jesus!" Mrs. Jones cried out as her husband jabbed her in the leg with the
sharp hat pin.

"Yes! You are correct, Mrs. Jones!" came the minister's quick reply.

Mrs. Jones then turned and glared angrily at her husband.  Soon, Mrs. Jones
again nodded off. The minister noticed.  "Who is your redeemer?" he asked
the congregation, motioning toward Mr. Jones.

"My God!" howled Mrs. Jones as she was stuck again with the pain.

"Right again!" bellowed the minister, a slight grin on his face.

Mrs. Jones again gave her husband a real hard threatening glare.

Before long, though, she again nodded off. This time, however, the minister
did not notice.

As he picked up the tempo of his sermon, he made a few hand gestures that
Mr. Jones mistook as signals to poke his wife with the hat pin again.

The minister asked, "And what did Eve say to Adam after she bore him his
99th son?"

Mrs. Jones jumped up and shouted, "You stick that thing in me one 
more time and I'll break it in half and shove it where the sun don't shine!"

"Amen!" replied all the women in the congregation.
David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to