1. A man comes into the ER and yells, "My wife's going to have her 
baby in the cab!" I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted 
the lady's dress, and began to take off her under- wear. Suddenly I 
noticed that there were several cabs ---and I was in the wrong one. 
Submitted by Dr. Mark MacDonald, San Francisco


2. At the beginning of my shift I placed a stethoscope on an elderly 
and slightly deaf female patient's anterior chest wall. "Big breaths," I
instructed. "Yes, they used to be," replied the patient. Submitted by 
Dr. Richard Byrnes, Seattle , WA


3. One day I had to be the bearer of bad news when I told a wife that 
her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarct. Not more than five
minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that 
he had died of a "massive internal fart." Submitted by Dr. Susan Steinberg


4. During a patient's two week follow-up appointment with his 
cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he was having trouble 
with one of his medications. "Which one?" I asked. "The patch, the 
Nurse told me to put on a new one every six hours and now I'm running 
out of places to put it!" I had him quickly undress and discovered 
what I hoped I wouldn't see. Yes, the man had over fifty patches on 
his body! Now, the instructions include removal of the old patch 
before applying a new one. Submitted by Dr. Rebecca St. Clair, Norfolk , VA


5. While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient, I asked, "How 
long have you been bedridden?" After a look of complete confusion she answered,
"Why, not for about twenty years - when my husband was alive." 
Submitted by Dr. Steven Swanson-Corvallis, OR


6. I was performing rounds at the hospital one morning and while 
checking up on a woman I asked, "So how's your breakfast this morning?"
"It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get 
used to the taste" the patient replied. I then asked to see the jelly and the
woman produced a foil packet labeled "KY Jelly." Submitted by Dr. 
Leonard Kransdorf, Detroit , MI


7. A nurse was on duty in the Emergency Room when a young woman with 
purple hair styled into a punk rocker Mohawk, sporting a variety of 
tattoos, and wearing strange clothing, entered. It was quickly 
determined that the patient had acute appendicitis, so she was 
scheduled for immediate surgery. When she was completely disrobed on 
the operating table, the staff noticed that her pubic hair had been 
dyed green, and above it there was a tattoo that read, "Keep off the 
grass." Once the surgery was completed, the surgeon wrote a short 
note on the patient's dressing, which said, "Sorry, had to mow the 
lawn." Submitted by RN no name


AND FINALLY!!!................
8. As a new, young MD doing his residency in OB , I was quite 
embarrassed when performing female pelvic exams. To cover my 
embarrassment I had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly. 
The middle-aged lady upon whom I was performing this exam suddenly 
burst out laughing and further embarrassing me I looked up from my 
work and sheepishly said,  "I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?" She 
replied, "No doctor, but the song you were whistling was, 'I wish I 
was in Dixie ' ........ and my name's Dixie !". Dr. wouldn't submit his name.

David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to