Hi David,
Don't get too drunk tonight or you might not hear that alarm. ;-)
Janice

David in Ballarat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Dear Friends,
Some of you may recall that back in 2001 I published an autobiography 
entitled "From Fishnets to Foxholes and Back Again". This dealt in 
detail with my 2 years in the army and fighting in Vietnam, then the 
subsequent effects of this time on my life.

This week I have published the second enlarged edition in readiness 
for tomorrow - ANZAC Day. You see, with the help of modern 
technology, we have been able to round up all of the men in my 
section with whom I served in Vietnam, and tomorrow we are all 
marching together here in Ballarat. There are around 20 of us, 3 of 
whom have flown over from New Zealand. It's all very special, as I 
never expected to see some of those blokes again.

Today, started with me being interviewed on ABC radio at 0640hrs - 
God that's a ridiculously early hour - I even had to set the alarm. 
As a result of that interview I was phoned within the hour and 
invited to be guest speaker at a luncheon for Rotary - which I did - 
and sold a few more copies of my book :) Following that I went to the 
local Leagues club where the men were gathering with their partners. 
It's a bit worrying when you haven't seen someone for 38 years who 
you may not have been too fond of even then, However, each and every 
one has proved absolutely delightful - even my old sergeant, Reg - 
who it turns out was in fact only 6 months older than me and now 
lives in Canberra.

At 1700hrs today the rest will have arrived and we are all meting at 
a local pub to get to know each other again.

Then tomorrow, there is a dawn service at 0600 (more alarm clocks); 
breakfast at the Returned Servicemen's Club; wreath laying at 
1030hrs; big march at 1100hrs; big loooong Nana nap; then a meal and 
evening at another pub.

It's all very exciting and moving
David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/
www.landoflincolnlacemakers.com  Check for class spaces, many are full.

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to