Scottish Logic

 A man in Scotland calls his son in London the day before Christmas Eve
 and  says, I hate to ruin your day, but
 I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years
of misery is enough.

 'Dad, what are you talking about?' the son screams.
 We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,' the father says.
 'We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you
 call  your sister in Leeds and tell her.'
 Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. 'Like
 hell  they're getting divorced,' she shouts, 'I'll take care of this,'
 She calls Scotland immediately, and screams at her father, 'You are NOT
 getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my
brother back, and we'll both be
 there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?' and hangs
up.
 The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. 'Okay,' he says,
  'they're coming for Christmas and they're paying their own way.'

David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to