Several weeks ago I sought help from y'all regarding the maker of a car
I had seen.
I can now report that it was a "Clenet" (see http://clenet.org/ or
http://www.Clenet.org ) -- a car that used the chassis and drive train
of a Lincoln Continental, Town Car or Mercury Cougar and put a
personalized body (within certain parameters) thereon. The company
(Clenet Coachworks) apparently opened in Southern California in the late
70's and made less than 500 vehicles total before closing their doors in
the mid 80's, shortly after the one I had seen was produced. The above
website says that designer was French-born Alain Clenet and shows the
1982 price of a particular model in 1982 as $78,500.
We found out with the help one of our city's "finest". I had noted the
license tag and we approached said policeman saying we did not want to
know who owned it or where they lived -- only the brand of vehicle.
Thanks again to those who tried to help -- pretty evident now why it was
practically impossible to track down.
Susan Webster
Canton, OH
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]