First, a big THANK YOU!  To all the wonderful Spiders here.  I really
appreciated all the help regarding pillows and prickings.  It looks as if
Snowgoose will get a few more shoppers here soon :)  I already have two great
pillows that I got from my teacher Sally Shoenberg, but my friend and I both
love the look of the one and only as far as travel and versatility (we both
travel a lot and would love to have our pillows travel too!)  SO thank you
again.

As for snow....Well, gee, I AM in Alaska.  However, we have actually had
relatively poor snow coverage the past few years, so I am really quite pleased
with the amount of snow so far this year.  I happily look for more.  It tends
to get rock bottom cold here in January and then the pipes can freeze and
burst if one isn't lucky.  The more snow coverage we get, the better
insulation there is for the pipes.  That said, I do sympathize for all the
folks dealing with more snow that they want or are set to cope with.  Snow in
Las Vegas is trippy enough, but my BF's Mom nearly got stuck in Seattle for
Christmas since all the flights got cancelled Sunday evening.  She is here
now, thank goodness!

Food shopping and such....I can just *Sigh*.  I was raised Episcopal, but have
wandered from those leanings....my Hubby was raised Jehovah Witness, and even
though he doesn't follow that path, it did make for our first 10 years to be a
bit rocky around birthdays and Christmas as we tried to find a middle ground.
We have been celebrating Yule and Winter Solstice for the past few years and
trying very hard to de-commercialize the season for us and the kids.  No
"Santa", smaller gifts and a lot of those homemade has helped tons.  We do
still do Christmas dinner and such for my folks and the odd extended family
that tends to gather (even my In-Laws, go figure!)....so we do feed an army
*WEG*.  This year I ended up being one of those huge carts you saw because my
Mom had foot surgery last Friday, and my In-Laws just got home after being in
Dallas for my Father-in-Law to have brain surgery (HUGS Martina!  I am so
Happy for your DD!!).  Needless to say, I am doing the cooking and all of it
this year.  I am Happy regardless because they will all BE here....


Soo....that's my two cents.  I avoid the stores as much as I can, and I just
focus on my friends here in body and those in the web :)

Mikki

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to