You have my sympathy David. Don't know any old wives tale remedies, but when I
had it I was on anti-virals, tramadol in tandem with distalgesic (no longer
prescribed here). Even so, it was very painful. I had it in my neck, shoulder
and down my arm. I wrapped myself up in a blanket and added heat pads to the
painful areas - made it bearable. Might last a week, might go on for a month.
I think the quicker it's diagnosed and treated, the shorter the pain lasts.

I hate to tell you this, but when the pain does subside, it can return months
later.

I nearly murdered my father-in-law when I had it. He said "Do you know that
people say it can be very painful?" My reply "You don't have to tell me - I've
got it! I b*****well know how painful it can be, and the description isn't
very painful - it's b***** agony!"

Hope the pain subsides soon.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK

Dear Friends,
It's all I need right now but for the past few days I've been
suffering with shingles on the back right of my head and neck.

Although I'm on strong pain killers and an anti-viral drug, I was
just wondering whether someone out there might know of an old wive's
tale remedy which could help relieve this agony.

I must say that lace making does help to take one's mind off the pain
as does playing the piano.
Thanks
David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to