>
>20 ridiculous complaints made by
>holidaymakers  - these were in the Telegraph on-line today!
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>A tourist at a top African game lodge
>overlooking a waterhole, who spotted a visibly
>aroused elephant, complained that the sight of
>this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".
>
>A woman threatened to call police after claiming
>that she’d been locked in by staff. When in
>fact, she had mistaken the “do not disturb” sign
>on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.
>
>"The beach was too sandy."
>
>A guest at a Novotel in Australia complained his
>soup was too thick and strong. He was
>inadvertently slurping the gravy at the time.
>
>Topless sunbathing on the beach should be
>banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband
>spent all day looking at other women."
>
>"We bought 'Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five euros
>(£3.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."
>
>"No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."
>
>"It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica
>to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home."
>
>"My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but
>we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now
>hold you responsible for the fact that I find
>myself pregnant. This would not have happened if
>you had put us in the room that we booked."
>
>"I compared the size of our one-bedroom
>apartment to our friends' three-bedroom
>apartment and ours was significantly smaller."
>
>"The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the
>accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying here?"
>
>"There are too many Spanish people. The
>receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners."
>
>"We found the sand was not like the sand in the
>brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
>
>"We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."
>
>"It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us
>of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
>
>"I was bitten by a mosquito - no-one said they could bite."
>
>"I think it should be explained in the brochure
>that the local store does not sell proper
>biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
>
>"It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in
>the afternoons. I often needed to buy things
>during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."
>
>"On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted
>to find that almost every restaurant served
>curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
>
>"We booked an excursion to a water park but
>no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."

David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to