>Grandparents:
>
>1. She was in the bathroom, putting on her makeup, under the 
>watchful eyes of her young granddaughter, as she'd done many times 
>before. After she applied her lipstick and started to leave, the 
>little one said, "But Gramma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper 
>good-bye!" I will probably neverput lipstick on again without 
>thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye...
>
>2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. 
>He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 62. My grandson was quiet 
>for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"
>
>3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed 
>into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. 
>As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her 
>patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and 
>stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern 
>warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say 
>with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"
>
>4. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own 
>childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond I had a 
>swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We 
>rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little 
>girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure 
>wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"
>
>5. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you 
>know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo and I 
>said, "No, how are we alike?'' "You're both old," he replied.
>
>6. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's 
>word processor. She told him she was writing a story. "What's it 
>about?" he asked. "I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."
>
>7. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so 
>I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what 
>color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun 
>for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the door, saying, 
>"Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these, yourself!"
>
>8.. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept 
>the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky 
>insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before 
>I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are 
>coming after us with flashlights."
>
>9. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, 
>"I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandpa," he advised, "mine 
>says I'm 4 to 6."
>
>10. A second grader came home from school and said to her 
>grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies 
>today." The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep 
>her cool. "That's interesting," she said, "how do you make babies?" 
>"It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."
>
>11. Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," 
>said a teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the 
>ladder pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. 
>"Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked.  "Sure," said the 
>young boy confidently. 'It means carrying a child."
>
>12. A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren to their home one 
>day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the 
>fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the 
>dog's duties. "They use him to keep crowds back," said one child. 
>"No," said another. "He's just for good luck."  A third child 
>brought the argument to a close."They use the dogs," she said 
>firmly, "to find the fire hydrants."
>
>13. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, 
>"she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. 
>Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."
>
>  14. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good 
> things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!
>
>15. My Grandparents are funny, when they bend over; you hear gas 
>leaks, and they blame their dog.

David

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to