Hi Jacquie and everyone,
Well, now I REALLY have to work on that justification....because I won
the Grand Prize at the festival, another spinning wheel!!! This one is
portable (a Majacraft Little Gem from New Zealand)...it folds up and
has a carry case, so now I can consider some long-distance
events/classes that were not on my radar before! Watch this space for
lace from homespun...<vbg> Has anyone else made lace with homespun
fiber? I collected all sorts of fibers to experiment
with...merino/silk blend, silk roving, alpaca/silk blend,
merino/seacell blend, bamboo, organic cotton, flax, yak down, soysilk,
cashmere/silk blend, camel..... Yes, I went a bit crazy! I'd be
interested to hear experiences of other spinner/lacemakers.
Vicki in soggy Maryland
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sun, 3 May 2009 4:04 am
Subject: [lace-chat] Justification
Vicki wrote about her new spinning wheel
"I've justified it all by convincing myself that I will spin
threads/fine
yarns for bobbin lace."
Of course you will - any thread or yarn will do for bobbin lace. You
might
just need to put the pins a bit further apart <VBG>
Jacquie in Lincolnshire
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].