Thank you Aurelia,
The frustration was with me and the computer trying to put a photo album up, not the fansticks of the prospect of making lace for it.

I was hoping someone might have an idea of the sort of materials the sticks might be made of as I have absolutely no idea.

I also think I must see about finding that book, is sounds very interesting. I have now taken a couple of extra pictures of the fan open, so will upload those now I wonder if that might help in checking out the time in history of the fan.
Sue T
Sue -- I've rescued quite a number of antique fans, saving and (gently) cleaning the sticks and (eventually) discarding the worn-out fan-leaf. Malvary's advice to you is right on target. Also, you would enjoy reading Christine Springett's little book "Designing and Mounting Lace Fans," written quite a while ago, but still inspiring. Aurelia
Catonsville, Maryland USA

Still the question is about the sticks, I bet there are lots of other choices but plastic, bone or ivory that I dont know about but one of you nice people
do.
Many thanks
BTW the album is called Hurwitzend (which was exactly where I was at)
Sue T Dorset, UK

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to