Greetings, Spiders!!

I am so excited!! I have to tell you the *power* of spiders!! I wrote a week or so ago and bemoaned the fact that my trusty old Canon A-95 had suddenly developed an "issue" which rendered it inoperative. I was devastated, because this has been a fabulous camera, and I've never even thought of replacing it. But once it began to act up, I started doing the research, and I learned that a couple of the features about this camera that I really like are not available on the new cameras (unless you look long and hard, and in some cases are willing to either pay lots more or give up other features...). So... long story short, I did not find another camera I just *had* to have. \

Meanwhile, the caped crusader of the lace world came to the rescue!!! Malvary Cole has a camera like mine, and recognized the problem. She had taken hers back to the shop she had purchased it from and they had sent it off for repairs... completely free to her!! She told me about this, and refused to hear my arguments.... She practically got into her car to drive down to tell me what to do!!! (well, not really, but she really didn't let me ignore her either - thank goodness!!) Once I was connected to their toll-free number, there were no questions about date of purchase or anything else... All they needed to know was the serial number on the bottom of the camera. That gave them the information they needed, and VOILA!!! They are sending me the pre-paid shipping labels to return the camera, with a form to complete. The camera will be repaired and sent back to me, no charge. So... to all of you who are, or may be, in the market for a new camera... Take this into consideration!!! Consumer Reports lists Canon as one of the four brands which consistently perform above the rest of the bunch, and when you add this level of support (WAAAY past the warranty period...), I'd say that Canon is tops. I've always loved this camera, but now it's just plain miraculous!! (is it the economy??? could be...)

Clay

and no... they didn't give me free service on the condition that I would tell.... but when they DID offer free repair for a known problem, I was happy to broadcast it.

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to