I recently completed two matching UFO candleholder circles of lace for a gift to our daughter. I have left about six inch lengths of thread after the sewings and tying off, but as I want to push them up inside the cavity without backing cloth and just the acetate/or whatever it is, that goes with it. Suggestions please of the best way to make a tidy, secure job of the cut ends and knots which are already tied.
The other unfinished project which I continue to battle, mostly in my head and not with my hands. The last napkin set which I completed the last lace strip in about June, tacked a sample piece to the cloth to try it out and was completely unhappy with the look. The previous 2 sets in white and our set in Ruby I was really pleased and happy with the end result (good job I dont have any more sisters). Instead of using the good quality white cotton I cut up in readiness makes them look so drab. What I do have though is a very nice white damask cotton tablecloth square and was thinking that if I cut this into 4 it would look rich and lovely. I think I should wash and press it first to check for shrinkage, how best to get a straight edged square x 4 though and any other pitfalls any one has come across. I wanted them ready a month ago and so now I want to do as soon as is comfortably possible without it driving me mad. Any suggestions please!!! I really would be most grateful. Sue T Dorset, UK Where the sun has been out for days but autumn is closing in. Bobbin Lace and Glass engravings http://www.hurwitzend.co.uk To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected].
