Mine is lots and lots, but I just divested myself of about 7 dozen Danish 
rolling bobbins at the last convention.  I sold them on the consignment table, 
which was just as well because I had to buy about 6 dozen of International 
squares for the Beds project I was doing.  

I have a pillow with lots of Midland bobbins on a French yardage piece that I 
like to use when demonstrating.  It is in variegated blue silk so looks like it 
might make a nice lingerie lace. I just cleared numerous Christmas ornaments 
off my other pillows.

I have a knitted jacket on the go and a needle lace heart pattern I am working 
on.  I also must start making a Christmas stocking for my grand daughter now 
that I have her name embroidered on a piece of fabric by a friend.  I am 
thinking of trying a crazy quilt style so I must check out my stash of fabric 
for that. 

I guess this question should have been posed to the Lace list but it is nice to 
have something coming on Lace chat. :-)

Janice

 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org



----- Original Message ----
From: Agnes Boddington <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:42:21 PM
Subject: [lace-chat] bobbins

I was reading an old Lace magazine (Jan 2001), and there was a story about lace 
and bobins by Carol Maydew.
One small paragraph near the end caught my attention:

"Mercy had counted her bobbins one rainy day. ........There had been 3021."

I have a long way to go, but then I have only just begon.

How many bobbins do you, roughly, have?

Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to