A former workmate of mine in Australia had a chestnut tree in her garden and
would bring in bags of nuts for the staff and made us library colleagues
chestnut soup one year.  I got the recipe from her and it's pretty good.  I
don't make it now as I have a child who is allergic to all things nuts and
peanuts, and peeling the chestnuts after boiling them is very labour
intensive.  But it was a good soup - very think, more chowder-ish I would
guess.

And on the 'how many bobbins?" topic - not sure I can answer that other than
to say I have a couple of dozen at most of some nice honiton bobbins, and
probably several hundred pairs of east midlands and several pairs of gimp
and very thick bobbins I use for gimps.  I know I don't have nearly as many
bobbins as some and not as many as I think I need :-)

Helen, Aussie in foggy Duvall, WA

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to