Carol wrote:
> This week, after one of the lessons last Saturday, I received a phone call
> from one of the parents.    The mother concerned had had a phone call from
a
> friend, to say had she checked that I had been CRB checked, so she was
phoning
>
>   
Having read the recent correspondence in Lace about the new checks I should
go through  and pay £64 for the priviledge.  I have 3 'children' in my class
and a vulnerable adult (who wouldn't understand that she is one!) and I'm
wondering whether to just give up! 

I've been checked for CRB by Cambridgeshire as I go with a college on their
ski trip each year. But I live and teach lace in Hertfordshire. I've
discussed this with the class and no one is bothered about checks - they've
all known me for years. The 2 youngest girls are 13 and 15 and their mother
isn't bothered. I'm never on my own with any but the vulnerable adult to
whom I give a lift home (all of 400 yards as it's a dark walk). We have a 16
year old who is given a lift down by her neighbour who is in the class -
does that lady require a check? The young lady is in care of social services
so I wonder if they'll say anything. They've never asked about the class
either! I suppose I can't take any more youngsters and as the charges for
the hall are rising by 175% from Jan 1st I'm getting a bit fed up. Mind you
I've been paying the same for 19 years and have been surprised it hasn't
gone up before. 

Now I shall complain if the heating remains inadequate (we are actually
stopping now till March as it's too cold to use the hall as the heating
takes a good hour to get the hall vaguely warm and the icy roads are a worry
with several people travelling a long way) and the tables are filthy when we
get them out! 

I haven't told the class yet that their fees will go up - that's for our
class Xmas dinner next week. On the other hand they haven't had an increase
in class fee since 1999. I will cover some of the cost of the rent rise as
well but I expect to get some moans. Can anyone let me know off list what
their fees are for classes? 

Meanwhile I'll go back to my sick bed and try to get rid of this evil cold
before my daughters wedding in 2 weeks .... So much to do!


Lynne

Baldock, North Herts, UK
[email protected]

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to