Dear Friends,
Back home again after a month in Vietnam - the first time there since 
1970 when I was an Interpreter in what has become known as The American War.

Some you may recall that on April 24th I conducted a concert here in 
Ballarat in which I sang a Vietnamese song for which I'd arranged 
choral backing. The music for this song (Toi Dua Em Sang Song) was 
given to me on my 22nd birthday at Nui Dat by a Vietnamese Sergeant 
with whom I worked.

While I was on a 2 day tour of one of the most beautiful places on 
Earth (Ha Long Bay) about half way between Hanoi and China, I got to 
sing this song again. This time with Vietnamese backing from the crew 
of our Junk as well as a Karaoke machine. If you're interested and 
would like to hear how it really should be sung, go to this website 
for a lovely version.

  
<http://mp3.zing.vn/mp3/nghe-bai-hat/Toi-Dua-Em-Sang-Song-Vu-Khanh.IWZABBFW.html>http://mp3.zing.vn/mp3/nghe-bai-hat/Toi-Dua-Em-Sang-Song-Vu-Khanh.IWZABBFW.html

It is also worth googling "Ha Long Bay" to see some magnificent pictures.

David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to