Dear Friends,
Yesterday I bought a lovely antique footstool - mainly to stand on to reach the top shelves of my linen press.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this stool may be very very old and, knowing little about this topic myself, thought I'd ask whether anyone here would be willing to have a look at photos of it in order to suggest a rough idea of its age.

It's English oak with a bit of Jacobean turning on the cross parts although the legs themselves are basically rectangular. The top is the original leather which has an allover pattern of fan shapes somehow engraved into it.

On the under side in pencil is written 1770 but that could be pure coincidence as it is in combination with some children's drawings.

Many thanks
David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to