Dear Friends,

this afternoon about 4:00 o'clock I received an unusual phone call on my landline. A woman asked me whether I had looked at my "computer management page" as they'd sent me a number of messages lately telling me I was spreading trojans and worms. In wondered what she actually meant by "computer management page"??

When I told her I was having a lie down and that my computer was not on, she demanded that I get out of bed and go and turn it on!! Of course I absolutely refused and assured her there was nothing wrong with my computer. She was most insistent for quite a while.

In the meantime I was trying to identify her very mild accent. It was definitely not Indian, Oriental or Filipino, and I suspect may have been eastern European or even Russian.

Goodness knows what could have happened had I acceded.
Just a warning to you all.

David in Ballarat, AUS

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/albums/most-recent

Reply via email to