Hi David!

I trust you to point all of us to the most beautiful - and in some cases - controversial music on the internet!!

When I accessed the video, thanks to "tiny url", I listened in awe at the delivery of the song by an 8-year-old girl. But I also heard (read) some of the lyrics, and that made me curious. So, reading the responses to the song from people all over the world was quite eye-opening. Many think this is heretical, written by a Jewish songwriter with an agenda veiled in allusion. I listened again, and wasn't quite so sure that it's time for killing the messenger. My take on it was that in spite of human frailties, "Hallelujah" is still a valid response.

Still... it's rather sad to hear it sung by an 8-year-old who surely has no personal knowledge of the content. Kids are growing up faster all the time (thanks to hormones in our food supply), but surely not so fast that she knows whereof she sings!

The music, though, was beautiful. I can depend on you for being sure of that!!!

Clay

On 1/17/2012 11:02 AM, David C COLLYER wrote:
<http://www.godvine.com/8-Year-Old-Rhema-Marvanne-Sings-Hallelujah-Amazing-706.html>http://www.godvine.com/8-Year-Old-Rhema-Marvanne-Sings-Hallelujah-Amazing-706.html


Have a listen to this 8 year old sing Hallelujah.

Not bad, but I prefer KD Lang

David in Ballarat, AUS

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/albums/most-recent


To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/albums/most-recent

Reply via email to