I don't know about other countries, but it was our generation that had the lapse in using shopping bags - the rest of the saga refers to things I remember from when I was younger - many until I was in my 20s and in those days everyone used a shopping bag - plastic carriers weren't used in such profusion until the supermarkets took over from the smaller specialist shops.

But then, perhaps I could be described as "older" these days, just not old enough to be "old" yet!

In message <[email protected]>, David C COLLYER <[email protected]> writes
In the line at the store, the cashier told the older woman that she should
bring her own grocery bag because plastic bags weren't good for the
environment. The woman apologized to him and explained, "We didn't have the
'green thing' back in my day."

--
Jane Partridge

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/albums/most-recent

Reply via email to