Interestingly, one of the checkout ladies at my local grocery store
commented that the staff on the checkout stands know how much checkout times
have slowed with people bringing their own bags (because they don't hang
neatly on the hangers etc), and "management' still expects them to checkout
and bag at the same pace as with the plastic bags.

I have to say, it is slower with some of the cloth/canvas bags when they
keep flopping down and they continue to futz with them each time they add an
item or they'll run a group and then bag some, if there's no bagger handy,
so I can understand her comments.

The scanners aren't always accurate, and I know I keep tabs on things that I
think might be an issue, and see if they ring up at the price on the shelf.
My store in Denver gave a full refund of the item price if it rang up
incorrectly.  My store here only gives the difference back.

I take my own bags most times.  If it's just a quick 1 or 2 item dash, I'll
use a store bag.  Some towns here in WA are working to ban plastic bags
except for meat and produce, some are trying to 100% ban them.  Have to say,
if I can put my meat in a smaller plastic bag to prevent leakage, I'm OK
with that.  I'll periodically wash my canvas bags in very hot water just to
clean them.

Cheers,
Helen in sunny WA, where a hummingbird was out this morning at the feeder -
and it was still only 38F on my deck :-)

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/albums/most-recent

Reply via email to