I found this one Shirley.... does it help?? (it was from Christine in Oz)

Sue in East Yorks

Dear Cheryl, Lora and Fellow Spiders,

I offer the following alternative instructions for a 6-thread crossing -
in words for those who are not diagram-oriented, and not requiring you
to number the bobbin positions, since that explanation is available
elsewhere and I don't find it particularly helpful either. I am normally
someone who prefers diagrams, but I also find the comings and goings in
a 6-pair crossing hard to follow. I find it easiest to describe a new
operation in terms I already use and understand.

There a couple of basic rules and you already know these.
1. Cross is left bobbin over right bobbin, twist is right over left.
2. Cross occurs BETWEEN 2 adjacent pairs (CROSS with your friend, so
leave for a new partnership!), twist occurs WITHIN a pair. (A concept
courtesy of Doris Southard's book).

We start with the 3 pairs coming into the star and these should each
have the desired number of twists already in place.

Put crosses between the incoming pairs (ie between 1st and 2nd and also
between 2nd and third pairs).
Twist the middle pair.
Put crosses between each of the pairs (ie between 1st and 2nd and also
between 2nd and third pairs).
Twist the outside pairs (ie 1st and 3rd pairs) and put PIN in the middle
of the middle pair.
Put crosses between the incoming pairs (ie between 1st and 2nd and also
between 2nd and third pairs).
Twist the middle pair.
Put crosses between each of the pairs (ie between 1st and 2nd and also
between 2nd and third pairs).

Twist all pairs with the desired number of twists.

SUMMARY of the sequence (starting to look easier now with less words):
Crosses
Twist middle
Crosses 
Twist outsides and pin
Crosses
Twist middle
Crosses

Hope this helps,


Christine Johnson, along-time lurker
(Sydney, Australia)
On 7 Aug 2012, at 10:37, Shirley Meier wrote:

> A few months ago someone, sue, I think, put up directions for 6 pair and 8
> pair crossings which were easy to follow. I printed them out and this week I
> asked my DH to laminate it for me, the laminating machine ate it and I
> didn't keep the e-mail. Can anyone help me please?
> Shirley M in OZ,

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/albums/most-recent

Reply via email to