Hi All, Well - after a month-long stay away from the computer, I am frantically trying to catch up with all the news and gossip - I do hope all Arachneans were safe in the Sandy storm, and that our members in Israel are all safe too - what a world we live in now ... The move went quite well! I decided that, at my age, I didn't need the hassle of packing all my goods and chattels, so asked the removal chaps to do it for me. We agreed a price, and I went away happily, and watched them doing all the hard work. Which was fine until all the boxes were carried into the new property - I couldn't find the kettles, kitchen equipment or mugs, so luckily the neighbour was in, and came to the rescue. My daughter came up the following weekend, and brought with her the kitchen appliances which my Dad had bought for me when I bought the bungalow in Suffolk and which was never lived in (a long story which will keep!) but also filled the huge van with all the boxes from said bungalow, so after emptying a lot of boxes, I had even more to do than I had started with. I am NEVER moving again, and will be carried out of here in my box! I have a lovely woodburner in the living room, and have a sort of over glove to open the door of the burner. Which was helpful and handy, until I filled the burner with yet another lot, and closed the door without using the glove - resulting in a blistered hand, which further rduced the box-emptying capabilities. My cousin came to help, and did say that my methods did leave quite a bit to be desired... However, the property has a lovely studio in the garden, perfect for lace-making and teaching, so I am trying hard to empty all the lace boxes and get the studio set up. I will be far enough away from phones and doorbells to ignore them whilst lacing - what a wonderful position to be in! Take care of yourselves, happy lacing, and may your pins never bend. Carol - in North Norfolk UK
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
