It's New Year's Eve Day... and I'm not ready for it.  How can it be the last 
day of the year?????

I've been making lace in the evenings.  Finished a scarf a couple days ago.  
Now I'm working on a very narrow scarf using the leftover threads since there 
is so much wound.  I'm also thinking about what projects to finish up, and new 
ones to start.

It's been my custom to work on lace on New Year's Eve as I watch the 
celebrations on TV.  I plan to pull out a Kortelahti centerpiece to work on 
instead of the little scarf.  I haven't worked on it for a month or so. It will 
make a nice change from the things I've been doing this month.

There's a little bottle of wine that I forgot to drink at Christmas so I'll 
open it.  DH doesn't like that kind so it's all mine.  He can open one of his 
bottles.  We will go out to eat at a place that gives a free birthday dinner, 
in honor of his birthday in a couple days, then relax in front of the TV.  

I looked out my window an hour ago, and saw large snowflakes coming down.  It 
'snowed' for quite a while, but the ground is too warm for it to stick. People 
500 feet higher than I am have had a lot of snow this month, but not on the 
valley floor.

Happy New Year wishes to all of you, whatever time zone you are in.  May the 
New Year be better and have lots of lace in it.

Alice in Oregon ... where it is cold and gray, and a good day to stay snugly 
indoors.

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to