Hmm, I remember them crossing their legs in both directions, so something up a trouser leg wouldn't do it. Lets just think of it as magic. It certainly is not the chair yoga pose I do and when I do that I am quivering trying to hold the position. I vote for a harness and wires. Janice Janice Blair Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA www.jblace.com http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org
________________________________ From: Lorri Ferguson <[email protected]> To: Brenda Paternoster <[email protected]>; Margery Allcock <[email protected]> Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> Sent: Thu, March 7, 2013 11:58:26 AM Subject: RE: [lace-chat] Fwd: Fw: WHERE ARE THE CHAIRS?.. I think as Margery stated it is in the costumes. And the device locks when the legs are crossed. It seemed to me that it went up to the waist area also (for support). Great effect. Lorri > > I think that there was some sort of retractable stool for them to sit on - they all waited for a couple of seconds between standing up and walking away, just long enough for the props to have been moved right down. > > The flyers had to have been on wires though - just that the clarity of the film was not good enough to see them. > > Brenda > > On 7 Mar 2013, at 15:34, Margery Allcock wrote: > > > Don't know how it's done, but there had to be chairs, or some kind of > > support. The musicians' centres of gravity weren't over their feet > > (the only part of them touching the ground), so they should have > > fallen over. I suspect some kind of one-legged stool arrangement > > hidden up each trouser leg <G> - the trousers were long enough to hide > > something clever ... To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/ To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
