On 8/6/13 1:53 PM, Rosemary Hemmett wrote:

<http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/science-knowledge/>http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/science-knowledge/

#2: electrons are *part* of atoms, but that doesn't mean that they are *smaller* than atoms -- size is a rather loose concept at sub-atomic scale.

#4: continents are moving, to be sure, but what in expletive do they mean by "moving their locations"????

#12:  phrased in a rather loaded way.

---------

I've seen most of these questions before, and have trouble believing that this was a real scientific study.

Then I turned to the answers and thought: hey, I got every one right --it was always obvious which answer they were angling for-- so how could 7% of the sample do better?

Blush. After snarking about Question 12, I tabbed back to the survey and clicked "next question" without selecting an answer.

There's a lesson in there somewhere about carping and caviling. <wanders off to look up "cavile">

<the verb is actually "cavil", so I should have written "cavilling".>

--
Joy Beeson
http://www.debeeson.net/joy
http://www.debeeson.net/LakeCam/LakeCam.html
west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
where good ash firewood is a drug on the market.

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to