Dear Friends,
I'm trying to get rid of stuff and in my front room I have 2 rather beautiful antique oil paintings which I would love to know more about. I bought them at an antique shop in Melbourne, Australia back in 1986 after they'd been used on the set of a TV series called "Five Mile Creek".

Unfortunately these paintings are not signed, but they are beautiful depictions of what looks to me like landscapes from the English Lake District. They are quite large at about 1 metre by 80cm and are still in their original carved wooden gilt frames (which have some damage). I would say possibly from around the first half of the 19th century.

Could anyone please tell me who might be able to perhaps identify the artist and find out whether they are of any value. The artistry is really exquisite.
thanks
David in Ballarat, AUS

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to