>>
>>Subject: Fw: STORY OF THE BAGPIPER
>>
>>
>>STORY  OF THE BAGPIPER
>>
>>
>>
>>Time  is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice, because 
>>the flow that  has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of  life.
>>
>>
>>As  a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral 
>>director  to play at a graveside service for a homeless man.
>>
>>He  had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a 
>>pauper's  cemetery in the Nova Scotia back country. As  I was not 
>>familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical  man, 
>>I didn't stop for directions.
>>
>>I  finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had 
>>evidently gone  and the hearse was nowhere in sight.
>>
>>There  were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating 
>>lunch. I felt  badly and apologized to the men for being late.
>>
>>I  went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid 
>>was  already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started 
>>to  play. The  workers put down their lunches and began to gather  around.
>>
>>I  played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and 
>>friends. I  played like I've never played before for this homeless  man.
>>
>>And  as I played "Amazing Grace", the workers began to weep. They 
>>wept, I  wept, we all wept together.
>>
>>When  I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. 
>>Though my  head was hung low, my heart was full.
>>
>>As  I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I 
>>never  seen anything like that before, and I've been putting in 
>>septic tanks  for twenty years."
>>
>>Apparently,  I'm still lost....it's a man thing.
>>
>>
>>When  you have stopped laughing be sure to forward this on to 
>>others who would  enjoy a good  story.


David in Ballarat, AUS

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to