>From 2nd March to 6th April seems to have been pretty quick 'justice' -
these days it seems to take about 18 months to even get to Court!

Ann, in Manchester, UK
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diana Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Arachne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 3:40 PM
Subject: [lace] Hanging bobbin

Recently at a local auction I bought a 'lot' of 29 inscribed bone bobbins
which included two hanging bobbins - a William Bull and another which is
virtually unknown - 'MILES WEATHERHIL HUNG 1868'. I know of the existence of
one other.
 *Bucks County Records Office states that Miles Weatherhill was sentenced
for
murder - 9th March 1868. The Times of that date p.10 col (d). He was
executed on 6th April 1868.

Miles returned to Todmorden on 2nd March 1868, broke into the vicarage
and killed the vicar, the vicar's baby daughter, and Jane Smith, a servant.
He was tried and hanged at Manchester jail in 1868.
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]