The reason I flagged this book and asked if anyone could comment on it,
wasn't for myself. Having been making lace for 6 years now, I think I left
the beginner stage about two years ago :-) Yes really.

I thought that, at the price it was being offered, it might be useful for
someone starting out in the UK who feels they need input from more than one
book - I know I did because they all explain things very slightly
differently and one explanation clicked where others had failed. I'd not
seen it before, so it could be complete rubbish, or too advanced, or too
simple, or not have well-written explanations or diagrams, or not have
sufficient small projects to maintain interest.

I'd not seen Ulrike Lhor's 400 tricks book, so asked opinions from the list
before I decided to buy, and it is very useful. Otherwise I like to see a
book before I buy. There's the old adage "Don't judge a book by its cover",
and the torchon book has a very attractive cover. Even though a book's
cheap, it's expensive if it isn't what you want, and if money's tight it
might be better spent on some inexpensive bobbins or some thread.

Jean in Poole
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]