On Friday, Jul 25, 2003, at 09:14 US/Eastern, Panza, Robin wrote:

I would think tallies underneath would distort the half-stitch section over
them. Instead of working flat on the pricking, there's a lump that the
threads have to stretch over when running from pin to pin. Doesn't this
show up as loose threads or mis-shapen shape when you take the lace off the
pillow?

Nope. Possibly because my lace hardly ever really "hugs" the pricking; most often it tends to "levitate" a bit <g>

Go to:

http://www.q7design.demon.co.uk/lacenotes/swan/map/map.html

and look at section C of the "map". It's the wrong side of the Swan's head, enlarged, so that you can see the hst on top of a previously made tally. I don't think it's any more uneven that any other hst of my production ... :) Of course, in this case, slight distortion wouldn't have mattered anyway, since the lace has a definite"right" and "wrong"side and the hst wouldn't show once the lace was flipped to the right side

-----
Tamara P Duvall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lexington, Virginia,  USA